Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The science of corruption!

Don't worry about the science part. The word was just to attract you into this blog post! Yeah, what a corrupt man I am! (Nowadays you add "science" to anything, and you would have enough ears and eyes to listen to you!)

When there are lot of noise around Anna Hazare and his fight against corruption, it would be so lazy (and unfair) on my part to not push out my feelings about the whole situation. Hence the blog post. Duh!


I am corrupt
Let me declare that I am corrupt. Or I have been one at some point of time. I remember that evening when I courageously walked to the man selling "Hyderabad Blues" tickets in black, and giving Rs.100 (for the ticket price of 40.00), and getting the ticket in pride. The movie was worth it, that's for another day....

Let me make a point here: I am not against any fight to corruption. I am for it. But before I point fingers, let me promise myself to learn to daringly say "NO" when asked by the auto-rickshaw driver to give him double the fare. Let me promise myself to learn to say "NO" when confronted with a government official who wouldn't sign my papers permitting water-line to my newly built dream home. Let me learn to say "NO" to all these distractions! Let me learn to say "NO" to my 7-year old daughter when asked for taking her to McDonald for not watching TV for a day (well, that one may be tough!). Let the corrupt me become uncorrupted!

This is the promise we all (including all the protesters) need to make when Anna Hazare is fasting.

Do I support Anna Hazare?

Well, Anna is a Gandhian. He is indeed a true follower of Gandhian principles. He is doing what I cannot even dream of doing - not eating or drinking...  I do support his cause. But do I completely agree with his way of doing things? No. But hey, I am a non-doer. He is a do-er. So, I should not say anything against. He is doing what I have been barking for long (and doing exactly the opposite).


Let the nation arise and awake! Jai Hind.

No comments: